Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Makes Me Special

Everybody has things that make them special people and I am no exception. I am special because I constantly try to give my best in anything I do. When I am in school I try to get the best grades and turn in the best work, when I am playing in a soccer game I try to give my best effort for the entire ninety minutes as well as in any other task or challenge I choose to take on. I have also noticed that I like helping people. I am always helping my parents with the house, my brother with his homework, my sister-in-law with her baby, my friends with their homework or any subject they need help on, the church members with some activities, and my list could just keep going. I don't find it to be a burden, in fact I don't mind doing it at all. I am here to help in any way whether you need me to listen or some advice.
Most of the people I talk too can say I constantly mention my little brother and my niece and I have come to the conclusion that I have a motherly instinct, which in my opinion is a unique quality to have at the age of seventeen. When I am around children something inside me tells me what to do to stop them from crying or get a smile out of them. It is a quality I enjoy having and I know will be very useful in the future. I am also special because I know how to put smiles on peoples faces when they are down. Many of my closest friends have told me that I made them feel better when they were having a rough day. Maybe it helps that I always have a smile on my face. When things are not going great for me I always try to be positive and keep that smile on my face. I don't really open up and tell people what I feel, and although that may not be a good decision at times it is a quality that makes me who I am. I am strong and extremely responsible. There are many things that make me special but to sum it up as simply as possible, I am special because I am a sweet girl with a truly genuine heart, and that's hard to find these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment