Monday, October 25, 2010

Cooperation

Cooperation to me means working together with at least one other person to benefit both sides. I wanted to see if I was right in my definition so I decided to go online at dictionary.com and check out their definition. According to dictionary.com, Cooperation means an act or instance of working or acting together for a common purpose or benefit. I believe my definition in comparison to the dictionary's definition have the same essence.
Cooperation to me is a very important area. Simply summed up, cooperation makes things a whole lot easier. One scenario would be working in a group for a school project. As a student that is a task I often encounter. When I am in a group where there is a person who doesn't want to help in any way, every one else gets more work. On the other hand, when every member of our group chooses to cooperate and do their share of the work, the project gets done faster and easier. Cooperation is important to me because it makes my life easier as well as the other person's life or persons lives. Cooperation is also important to me outside of school when it involves my safety or that of my loved ones, for example if one out of a duo of bomb setting criminals was to get caught I would certainly want the criminal that is caught to cooperate with the police so that his partner can also get caught or he should at least tell the officers where the bombs are set. When cooperation in situations where it is needed is used life goes a little more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment