Friday, September 24, 2010

Four Years Ago

Four years ago I was thirteen in middle school. My parents would not let me learn how to drive because I was not the appropriate age. I remember getting jealous of my brother sometimes because he was allowed to drive. He could take the car and go anywhere he wanted to when he needed to. I, on the other hand, had to tag along with my parents everywhere. If I wanted to go somewhere I had to find a ride and give my parents all the details. At thirteen I really wanted my driver's license. I wanted the freedom and the responsibility that came with it. Four years ago I also had no idea how to play soccer. I knew very little about it but I worked hard to learn. I practiced and improved. Now I enjoy playing for two teams. Last but certainly not least, four years ago I wasn't allowed to stay up as late as I wanted to. Now the decision to go to sleep at the time I choose is up to me as long as I am prepared to deal with whatever happens because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment