Friday, December 3, 2010

Setting As The World

Setting as the World: The Tent in My Living Room

            My first house was the smallest of the three houses I have lived in. I lived in the first house from the time I was born till about the age of six. I remember spending a lot of time in the living room. Like the rest of my house, my living room was small but comfortable. The living room was often a place for relaxation, family time, or watching television, but there is one specific activity I remember doing in my living room that always brings a smile to my face. I use to, believe it or not, camp out in the living room with my brother.
            I owned a small, red Lion King tent that was stationed in a corner of my living room. I use to imagine the soft, red carpet was actually soft, green grass. The table in the center of the living room would transform into a campfire before my eyes. The plain, rough textured ceiling would suddenly brighten up with stars when the lights turned off.  I clearly remember the “swoosh” sound the tent use to make as I tossed and turned trying to find the perfect spot. The cream colored walls would mold into mysterious trees with one blink of my eye. My brother was much older than I was and sometimes felt forced to camp out with me, but I loved every minute of it. During the day my living room was a place of safety but come night time a magical world would open up and my imagination could do as it pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Well written post. I really feel like I'm in the room with your rich description. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this a very intersting description on how you imagine on how you used live in your old days. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how descriptive you were throughout the whole post, could imagine youe little tent. lol

    ReplyDelete